Shining Latex & Washing Latex
Storing & Caution
HOW TO SHINE | TO MAKE IT LOOK FINE
Shining latex to get that irresistible luscious finish is extremely easy. Here is how.
- For a good shine-up use a quality silicone-based oil dressing.
- For best results spray or rub the garment while wearing it. It’s fun to get someone else to polish you, especially in hard-to-reach places.
- Lightly work it into the latex with a lint-free cloth or clean hands using small circular motions.
- For more shine, apply again.
- Dead Lotus Couture Dressing Aid + Shiner All-In-One: At Dead Lotus Couture we developed our own original oil dressing formula for use in production, for our personal use, and for our special customers. Unlike other brands, it’s enhanced with skin moisturising properties. To order Dead Lotus Couture Dressing Aid + Shiner All-In-One, or to inquire about pricing, contact email@example.com.
Shiny or Dull? Most people love latex for its body-hugging properties and its unique shine. Polishing your outfit is amazingly simple. Unpolished latex can look great, too, depending on your mood.
Shiny or Matte? At Dead Lotus Couture you can also find Matte Latex, which does not shine up like regular latex.
However you wear it, just remember: washing, oiling or powdering, and storing it correctly after every wear will keep your latex in tip-top shape.
GIVE LATEX A WASH | RETAIN ITS PANACHEWashing Latex after you wear it is essential to protect it. It’s easy and here is how.
- Fill a tub or a bucket with lukewarm water.
- Add 1 or 2 drops of mild shampoo or baby shampoo. Avoid regular laundry detergent, as it can be too harsh.
- Wash your latex with the soapy water.
- Rinse well with fresh water, removing all shampoo.
- Add a couple of teaspoons of Silicone-Based Oil Dressing and rinse again.
- When the latex feels slippery to the touch – both inside and out – hang it on a wooden or plastic hanger to dry.
- After washing, the latex might stick to itself. Fix this by using more silicone-based oil dressing or talcum powder.
- On the wooden or plastic hanger, drip dry and air dry only. Do not use a tumble dryer, radiator or any other heat source as it will damage the material. You might use a hair dryer on a low heat setting.
- If light patches appear, do not be alarmed. It means the garment is not completely dry yet.
Learn how to put away and protect your latex outfit on our Storing & Caution page.
Follow our simple steps to easily glide in and out of your latex outfit and to keep it looking great in About Latex Care & Putting It On.